David K.A. Mordecai participated in Demo Day 2019 for FinTech Innovation Lab (FTIL) on June 27, 2019, as Scientist-in-Residence for FTIL. David Mordecai leads research activities at RiskEcon® Lab @Courant Insititute of Mathematical Sciences and is also Co-Managing Member of Numerati® Partners LLC.
FinTech Innovation Lab (FTIL) is an accelerator platform for early and growth stage technology firms, organized by The Partnership Fund for New York City, in conjunction with Accenture and a consortium of venture capital firms and global financial institutions.
As Scientist-in-Residence for FTIL, Dr. Mordecai is one of six distinguished senior advisors who are members of the FTIL Mentors Network, comprised of seasoned entrepreneurs that have successfully launched and scaled a financial technology company to acquisition or IPO. Members of the Network serve as mentors and informal advisors for companies accepted into FTIL, providing guidance on the broad range of issues faced by senior management of fintech companies.
Also, watch the video interview of Dr. Mordecai here.
Demo Day 2019
Applicants to FTIL must have at least a working beta version of their technology that is ready for testing in either the institutional or retail market. The Chief Technology Officers (CTOs) from the 44 supporting financial firms selected the current set of eleven participants for the 2019 cycle:
- CloudFrame: Transforms legacy mainframe applications into cloud-native Java without adding undue risk to data and business processes.
- Cyberwrite: Provides a simple-to-understand report on the risks and financial impact of cyber-attacks on any small or medium-sized business worldwide.
- Extend: The Extend digital credit card redefines how credit cards are issued and shared and provides virtual credit card distribution without requiring any bank tech development.
- FairFrame: FairFrame is an innovative technology platform that combines decades of social science research with AI in an easy-to-use text analysis platform to give real-time, personalized feedback on potential stereotype and unconscious bias, as well as new data insights and a suite of diversity analytics.
- Genus AI: Next-generation enterprise AI platform that helps financial institutions understand and engage with customers in an emotionally intelligent way, driving retention and revenue.
- Goalsetter: A savings and gifting platform that enables families to use social savings, gifts and gamification to teach kids financial literacy and independence, backed by an FDIC-insured account.
- Hyperscience: Uses proprietary machine learning technology to automate data entry and streamline document processing for large enterprises by extracting handwritten, printed and highly distorted text at accuracy levels surpassing manual data entry.
- Inpher: Uses cryptographic technology to power advanced analytics and AI applications without exposing or transferring sensitive data across departments, organizations or jurisdictions.
- Magma Trading: A new kind of stock market that allows broker-dealers to trade large blocks of equities. Magma’s structure allows market-making firms to post large potential trades without fear of getting run over by high-speed electronic sweeps.
- Theta Lake: Cloud-based communication compliance platform that uses AI and deep learning to detect compliance risks in what was said, shared and shown — driving down the cost of compliance.
About Numerati® Partners LLC
Numerati® Partners LLC coordinates a data analytics and technology development ecosystem, with the mission of advancing and fostering the next generation of scalable data-intensive risk and liability management enterprises. The firm provides resources fundamental to advancing the development of nascent leading-edge inferential surveillance, monitoring, and predictive analytics technologies for deployment within the RiskTech domain: risk technologies associated with adaptive distributed, networked and embedded systems such as remote sensing, agent-oriented data analytics, computing and control systems. Numerati® Partners curates integrated RiskTech solutions as well as forensic and use-case applications in RiskTech sub-domains such as LitTech, RegTech, FinTech and InsurTech (litigation technology, regulation technology, financial technology and insurance technology). For more information, visit https://numeratipartnersllc.com.
About RiskEcon® Lab for Decision Metrics @ Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences NYU
The mission of RiskEcon® Lab @ Courant Institute is the development of experimental testbeds and analytics that employ high-dimensional datasets from innovative sources by applying a range of computational and analytical methods to commercial and industrial sensor networks and edge computing embedded systems, focusing primarily on research and development (R&D) of remote- and compressed- sensing, anomaly detection, forensic analytics and statistical process control.
RiskEcon® Lab for Decision Metrics was established in 2011 at Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, an independent division of New York University (NYU). Courant is considered to be one of the world’s leading mathematics educational and scientific research centers, and has been ranked first in research in applied mathematics. RiskEcon® Lab is the cornerstone of the Computational Economics and Algorithmic Data Analytics (CEcADA) cooperative at New York University, established concurrently in 2011. For more information, visit https://wp.nyu.edu/riskeconlab/.
About the Partnership Fund for New York City
The Partnership Fund for New York City is the $160 million investment arm of the Partnership for New York City, New York’s leading business organization. The Fund’s mission is to engage the City’s business leaders to identify and support promising entrepreneurs — in both the for-profit and nonprofit sectors – to create jobs, spur new business and expand opportunities for New Yorkers to participate in the City’s economy. As an “evergreen” fund, realized gains are continuously reinvested. The Partnership Fund Board is led by Co-Chairmen, Charles R. Kaye and Tarek Sherif. Maria Gotsch, President and CEO, leads the team. More information about the Fund can be found at https://pfnyc.org/.
June 27, 2019 | New York, NY