Numerati® Partners Update
Recent activities include the following:
Technical Engineering Risk Assessments/Functional Testing Evaluations
Fourteen in-depth technical engineering risk assessments/functional testing evaluations were conducted, producing over 600 pages of rigorously documented technical memoranda. Technical domains and capabilities included: geospatial imaging, automotive telematics, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (VR & AR), ML analytics, mobile fleet Internet-of-Things (IoT), computer vision (e.g., range imaging, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), object detection, defect detection, text recognition), and residential “smart home” IoT, e.g., electricity/ Non-Intrusive Load Monitoring (NILM), home security, water and fire sensors.
Technology Industry Research and Commentary
Eight technical peer review installments with supplements were completed across 104 technology offerings, comprising over 590 pages of extensively documented technical research and analysis. Technical domains and capabilities included: Virtual agents and Machine Learning (ML), remote sensing and standoff sensing, image recognition, drones/unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), telemetry, interferometry, automotive vehicular and equipment telematics, IoT, wireless connectivity, smart contracts/distributed ledger technology (DLT), anomaly detection (e.g., for fraud investigation), Natural Language Processing (NLP), data/information retrieval, wearable IoT, IoT cybersecurity, Robotic Process Automation, data warehousing/ architecture, model development, worksite wearable technology architecture, legal technology, and Enterprise Functionality-as-a-Service (infrastructure, analytics and cybersecurity).
Seminar and Workshop Curricula, Presentations, Exhibits and Demonstratives
- Technical risk and liability exposure implications of algorithmic bias for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) implementations
- Electricity grid, weather volatility, renewables and transition risks: reliability, resilience, stability and security
- IoT cybersecurity and reliability (e.g., edge-case and red team analysis)
- Use-case applications for outlier analysis and anomaly detection (e.g., forensic signal processing, fraud detection, cybersecurity monitoring)
- Limitations to scalable reliable and robust blockchain/distributed ledger implementation and “smart contracts”
Technical Documentary Videography
Five installments of documentary content for the Numerati® Partners video podcast series Anomaly were completed on the following topics:
- Novel use-cases for sensor networks, drone swarms and IoT: robust deployment of autonomous and distributed systems for risk mitigation and emergency response
- RiskTech applications of telepresence: virtual reality, augmented reality and extended reality (VR AR XR)
- Cybersecurity and cyberphysical reliability: risk governance and liability exposure management
- Surveillance, identity, privacy and algorithmic bias: liability issues associated with data preservation, dissemination and disclosure across a diverse range of technologies (e.g., biometrics, geofencing, robotic process automation, etc.)
- Gamification and mobility technologies: error diagnostics and uncertainty quantification for reliable and robust digital and signal forensics
About Numerati® Partners LLC
Numerati® Partners LLC coordinates a data analytics and technology development ecosystem, with the mission of advancing and fostering the next generation of scalable data-intensive risk and liability management enterprises. The firm provides resources fundamental to advancing the development of nascent leading-edge inferential surveillance, monitoring, and predictive analytics technologies for deployment within the RiskTech domain: risk technologies associated with adaptive distributed, networked and embedded systems such as remote sensing, agent-oriented data analytics, computing and control systems. Numerati® Partners curates integrated RiskTech solutions as well as forensic and use-case applications in RiskTech sub-domains such as LitTech, RegTech, FinTech and InsurTech (litigation technology, regulation technology, financial technology and insurance technology).Numerati® Partners curates and commercializes domain-specific use-case applications, by enabling systems integration and managed service provider platforms, for deployment of fully-integrated, risk technology-oriented, domain-specific and customized data analytics-driven enterprise solutions. This Solutions-as-a-Service (SolaaS) approach implements and maintains use-case applications through proprietary value-added reseller arrangements of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Functions-as-a-Service (FaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) functionality. Numerati® Partners-sponsored R&D and commercialization initiatives gain critical access to world-class scientists, researchers, innovators and leading-edge resources via the Numerati® Partners ecosystem, which includes academic affiliates via the RiskEcon® Lab network (e.g. RiskEcon® Lab for Decision Metrics @ Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, the Computational Economics and Algorithmic Data Analytics (CEcADA) collaborative at NYU, as well as other academic institutions, in coordination with Numerati® Partners’ engineering affiliates).