David K.A. Mordecai participated in Demo Day 2020 for FinTech Innovation Lab (FTIL) on June 25, 2020, as Scientist-in-Residence for FTIL. FinTech Innovation Lab (FTIL) is an accelerator platform for early and growth stage technology firms, organized by The Partnership Fund for New York City, in conjunction with Accenture and a consortium of venture capital firms and global financial institutions.
As Scientist-in-Residence for FTIL, Dr. Mordecai is one of six distinguished senior advisors who are members of the FTIL Mentors Network, comprised of seasoned entrepreneurs that have successfully launched and scaled a financial technology company to acquisition or IPO. Members of the Network serve as mentors and informal advisors for companies accepted into FTIL, providing guidance on the broad range of issues faced by senior management of financial technology (FinTech) companies.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the entire FTIL 2020 cycle was conducted remotely. In addition, FTIL Demo Day 2020 was held remotely via YouTube, making it the first such FTIL Demo Day to be conducted entirely online. Also, watch the video interview of Dr. Mordecai here.
David Mordecai leads research activities at RiskEcon® Lab @ Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences NYU and is Co-Managing Member and Co-Founder of Numerati Partners.
Demo Day 2020
Applicants to FTIL must have at least a working beta version of their technology that is ready for testing in either the institutional or retail market. The Chief Technology Officers (CTOs) from the 43 supporting financial firms selected the current set of ten participants for the 2020 cycle:
- Alkymi: Uses machine learning to create a data inbox that extracts business data from email and documents to accelerate business processes.
- ArthurAI: A production AI monitoring platform that seeks to provide enterprises with the tools to detect model performance issues proactively, provide auditability and explainability to black box decisioning, and measure algorithmic bias to ensure fair decisioning.
- Broker Buddha: A software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform for independent agents that helps them grow their business through interactive customer, friendly, online applications.
- ClauseMatch: A content collaboration platform seeking to enable financial institutions’ global compliance and risk teams to interact with, review and approve centralized policy documents with a precise audit trail mapping them to regulatory obligations to help ensure regulatory compliance.
- Datafleets: An enterprise federated intelligence platform that uses machine learning to analyze unseen, sensitive data to generate business insights without compromising data privacy.
- Knoema: A knowledge and data management firm that works with corporates, buyside and sellside firms to manage, catalog and discover all of their subscription, public and internal data assets.
- Sigma Ratings: A counterparty risk platform that seeks to leverage machine learning and deep domain expertise to enable automated entity-level risk benchmarking and ongoing monitoring of non-credit risks at scale.
- SkyHive: An artificial intelligence (AI) technology that seeks to transform the reskilling process for workers and workforces. SkyHive rapidly identifies internal skill sets, compares to the external labor market, identifies emerging and future skills, and automates the navigation of reskilling to the future state in real-time.
- Summer: Seeks to help student loan borrowers lower their debt by using technology and industry expertise to identify and enroll them in the best possible repayment plan for their financial situation.
- True Flood Risk: An AI-driven property risk management platform that seeks to provide individual property level data & real time analytics helping banks, insurers, property owners and risk mitigation experts identify and quantify the financial impact of flood risk in real-time.
About Numerati® Partners LLC
Numerati® Partners LLC coordinates a data analytics and technology development ecosystem, with the mission of advancing and fostering the next generation of scalable data-intensive risk and liability management enterprises. The firm provides resources fundamental to advancing the development of nascent leading-edge inferential surveillance, monitoring, and predictive analytics technologies for deployment within the RiskTech domain: risk technologies associated with adaptive distributed, networked and embedded systems such as remote sensing, agent-oriented data analytics, computing and control systems. Numerati® Partners curates integrated RiskTech solutions as well as forensic and use-case applications in RiskTech sub-domains such as LitTech, RegTech, FinTech and InsurTech (litigation technology, regulation technology, financial technology and insurance technology). For more information, visit https://numeratipartnersllc.com.
About RiskEcon® Lab for Decision Metrics @ Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences NYU
The mission of RiskEcon® Lab @ Courant Institute is the development of experimental testbeds and analytics that employ high-dimensional datasets from innovative sources by applying a range of computational and analytical methods to commercial and industrial sensor networks and edge computing embedded systems, focusing primarily on research and development (R&D) of remote- and compressed- sensing, anomaly detection, forensic analytics and statistical process control.
RiskEcon® Lab for Decision Metrics was established in 2011 at Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, an independent division of New York University (NYU). Courant is considered to be one of the world’s leading mathematics educational and scientific research centers, and has been ranked first in research in applied mathematics. RiskEcon® Lab is the cornerstone of the Computational Economics and Algorithmic Data Analytics (CEcADA) cooperative at New York University, established concurrently in 2011. For more information, visit https://wp.nyu.edu/riskeconlab/.
About the Partnership Fund for New York City
The Partnership Fund for New York City is the $160 million investment arm of the Partnership for New York City, New York’s leading business organization. The Fund’s mission is to engage the City’s business leaders to identify and support promising entrepreneurs — in both the for-profit and nonprofit sectors – to create jobs, spur new business and expand opportunities for New Yorkers to participate in the City’s economy. As an “evergreen” fund, realized gains are continuously reinvested. The Partnership Fund Board is led by Co-Chairmen, Charles R. Kaye and Tarek Sherif. Maria Gotsch, President and CEO, leads the team. More information about the Fund can be found at https://pfnyc.org/.
June 25, 2020 | New York, NY